Saturday, September 19, 2009

Raya! =D

Quickie on Ed Mubarak Eve...

1. This is my first time of 23 years that I did a very last minute shopping. I finalized my baju raya just this evening after searching for the best baju from Ipoh to Kota Bharu. (actually I was so impulsive while in Ipoh for the great offer of 100rm for a pair of ambroided kebaya and batik. Unfortunately, it is black. And my mother is against black on the first day of raya) * but Ma, you know that I love black*.

2. This is also my first time having to give away duit raya to my little cousins. There are 14 of them and err...I still can'r make up my mind about the amount to give. To my parents, my grandmother, don't worry. I've spared quite a lot for you. *ehems*

3. Oh, btw, actually my baju raya for tomorrow is slightly bigger than my perfect size. Thus I need to just bare with it for a day and after raya I will be going to alter the kain. Hurm..I think that's the price I have to pay for this last minute shopping.

4. My brother who works in Ipoh surprised us just now by pretending that he's coming back after the Ed prayer tomorrow morning but he called my sister to open the gate while all of us were preparing the dish and cutleries for tomorrow in the kitchen. My mother was the one who was clueless and really shocked while my father, hurmm..he just didn't get the joke.

5. My little brother's dream to win the "pakaian paling 'jangok' (cantik)" organized by the surau in our area is now collapsed. It was fist time organize by the surau committee last year in which my brother cluelessly won the award. But my brother is here already and well, lets see who'll be mandated for the award tomorrow. My little brother always want to be like my brother.

6. Oh...my mother's baju raya and my Kak Long's is one of a kind! I just don't get it as my mother's taste is always differ from her and not to forget, she always give bad comments on my Kak Long's choice of baju kurung. Ma, macamana Ma boleh sama taste ngan Kak Long ni?.

7. Oke. I think that's all for now. I need to continue my chores. By the way, jemputla datang ke rumah esok ye. Kami hidang rendang, ketupat(segera), nasi tomato and of course, chocolate cake. Raya kedua, tataw lagi oke.

Hurmm..even though we are all grown up and the spirit of Ed is never the same anymore, to reunite as a family although one of us is now in the in law's hometown, is always the gretatest gift that can only be felt once in a year. =D

And to all,

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI DAN MAAF SEKIRANAYA DA TERKSAR BAHASA, TERSINGGUNG PERASAAN DAN TERLEBIH GURAUAN. oke? =)

No comments: