Thursday, December 17, 2009

It lasts for a week in silence.

Well...

I got this superb news on last Friday. I was so grateful for the Merciful Allah listened to my prayers. I don't know why but I wanted this opportunity so much. After the Zohor prayer, I once again told Him things that I wanted. And this is one of the good things a human can ask from the Creator.

As I finished my prayer, I checked my mailbox. I had not checked it for days as it is usually a list of vacancies from JobStreet. Somehow, there's an urge in me telling me to check my mailbox on that day. There was a latest mail received - Re: additional information, sent today (Friday at 12.27 pm). I've dealt with the subject (additional information; twice. Hence I presumed that maybe they need something else this time). I opened it without expecting anything at all.

As I was reading the first line, I was gasping. My jaw dropped a bit, and my eyes was like popping out from the sockets. I looked ugly in that face. I had not finished reading the first line when my phone rang. An unfamiliar number appeared but I could guess the place of the call made by looking at the city codes. I was excited and couldn't even speak properly to the person on the other line. Yes, it's the HR of the place. He just got back from the Friday prayers, I presume as it was 2.30 pm. He called me as he saw no response followed his email to me. Like hello, you emailed me just before you went to the mosque. It was 2 hours back. I believed that he must too, be very happy with the news that he brought me. He's such a nice guy. We talked for a while, I listened to things that I'd just read the first line, and I asked permission to hung up. I just couldn't talk for I was so excited and my heart beat like I've just done my one big lap of jogging after years of not doing it. No, it's even faster. I told my mom, unbelievably, my sister and my father. When everything was in its place, I called the HR back to get more details regarding the offer. He told me, "you are now the new staff of MIMET." and I think he could hear me smiling all way long.

I did not tell anybody but my family about this happy news. Not even my friends, SailorBoy or anybody. I have no answer for why, here. But I think as I am writing, all the significant people whom I think deserve to know about my whereabouts are informed with this news either from me or my Facebook.

For that event,

I would like to thank Adib, Mun and Kakteng for accompanying me to the interview and also checking up the place. In which reminds me that I got a summon ticket for speeding in Manjung that was informed last night. Okay, and also to my mentor, Kak Sanisah for telling me to just write in to any colleges and university that I wish to work for. Or else, I wouldn't get the opportunity to be called for the interview in the first place even though there are several places that did not give any feedback towards my applications. And to our regular visitor at the office, En. Azhan for being such a daddy telling me these and that including all the relevant and irrelevant topics of life. Not to forget all my colleagues who had given sufficient guides regarding career path in this field. I am glad to be surrounded by generous people who never stop sharing and telling me the ups and downs, the dos and don'ts in this new world of mine.

Eh, this sounds like I've just received an award, huh? No no. Not just yet. This is the real beginning to me in stepping in this new path. I am not to see or even dream about the outcomes yet. All I have to do is, to start fresh for this coming new year.

Okay. I think that's all for tonight. I should be sleeping as tomorrow errr..2 - 3 hours from now, I need to get up for sahur. Yes, it's nearAwal Muharam. Puasa sunat. :)

Dang. I was already sleepy when I wanted to write this. This is bad. Niteynite!

3 comments:

Chen Chow said...

Congratulations for getting your new job! Hope that you like your new job! It is always great for us to hear such good news, from our loyal members like you.

Have a great long weekend!

Best wishes from staff of JobStreet.com

W. Suhailaliza W. M. H. said...

oh, thank you so much! :D

and i'd like to thank your team for catering such a vast opportunities to us, the job seekers. we really appreciate it. :D

Chen Chow said...

It is our pleasure, and everyday, when we hear that people like you get a new job, get an interview etc, that really keeps us motivated to continue doing our best.

If you ever have any feedback, do feel free to let us know.

Have a good long weekend!