Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Am My Mother's Daughter.

I think I am slowly turning into my mom.

She will choose one night of her weeks or maybe month to sit on the chair with her directory and her phone in her hand. That is the time when she will attend all the massages that are stranded in the inbox or that need to be given follow ups. She will spend the whole night to call her friends and sisters whom she has not been keeping in touch with for like months, maybe. Or maybe weeks. She will laugh and draw her surprise face and whatnot in between the calls and conversation.

That's just exactly what I did just now (or last night, following the time frame). I texted those whom I have always intended to text but yet to do so, and called them who are maybe expecting for my calls.

See, I'm becoming like my mom. It's just that I don't have my own directory to store all my friends' number. I'll reach those who are in my phone's contacts list.

7 comments:

Lang Legar said...

and when I read it, the scene slipping through my finger in mamma mia pop up in my mind..

I don't know why but it just did huhu..

W. Suhailaliza W. M. H. said...

aaa really?
unfortunately, i am yet to watch that movie! hahaha! maybe i shall download one now. :)

mInImOy said...

i think it's pretty logic that all of us would grow up to be the same person as either one of our parents. plus, they're the ones who shape our lives since we were born, kan?

W. Suhailaliza W. M. H. said...

moy: yup yup! and suddenly we didn;t realise that we're also picking up their bad habits too! hurmm..

yay, merdeka balik kampung! ;D

Lang Legar said...

well if you're a big fan of ABBA or musical movies, then you should..wait let me rephrase, you are obligated to haha..

and yes I do agree on the point that somehow along the way, we'll pick a few traits of our parents and make it ours. just that I don't see which one in me that I took from my parent hehe..

W. Suhailaliza W. M. H. said...

yes, i am indeed a fan of musical movies and well, i also listen to ABBA. but somehow i missed this Mamma Mia!. oh, what a big lost!

well, you know. maybe uve subconsciously improvised the traits here and there to suit your identity. in fact, the surrounding too has a hand in shaping us.

ke...anak angkat neh? ;p

Lang Legar said...

well maybe you're right, maybe I had developed those traits without me even knowing it..

but I am my father's son hehe, not adopted one ;p