Thursday, January 15, 2009

resume?

hah! eventually i am done writing my very first ever resume!!! yes, let me tell you the purpose later kay. first of all, i thought resume and CV (curriculum vitae) is a same thing. i guess i shall change that fossilization in me starting from now on.

Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)?

What's the difference between a resume and a CV? The primary differences are the length, the content and the purpose. A resume is a one or two page summary of your skills, experience and education. A goal of resume writing is to be brief and concise since, at best, the resume reader will spend a minute or so reviewing your qualifications.


A Curriculum Vitae, commonly referred to as CV, is a longer (two or more pages), more detailed synopsis. It includes a summary of your educational and academic backgrounds as well as teaching and research experience, publications, presentations, awards, honors, affiliations and other details.

jobsearch.com


can you guys see the difference? to be honest, i can't really figure it out. nghengeh. it is more or less the same to me. but all i know is both CV and resume can be written in any format (no specific format). however, there are the best way to write an effective resume and CV. there are various range of websites that of course, can show you and even suggest you the format that is suitable for you. first, i asked my sister on how to write a resume. she was so busy and asked me to browse the Jobstreet.com. walaa!! everything is there! you shall go and check it out if you wish to start a career. (i knew this website for so long and visited it for my first time ever today).
btw,
i wrote myself a resume as i am trying my luck to be a facilitator of a program for school kids ( i can't really recall what the program actually is. you can ask mr. falliq for more info).
more over, (besides for side income), i wish to gain some working experience as i am graduating in 3 months. eh. 4 months??? hence, i think those experience will help me to find a job (real job) later. (confession: i don't think i want to be a teacher - an 8-year ambition has been decaying since the practicum. and at the same time, i am not sure of what are the other talents that i am capable of). sad for me huh?
i think i love event management. and i can manage event, i am sure about that. my friend, eapa suggested that i am good at decorating and arts workmanship that i believe, my hands and fingers think they are good at it :).
after 5 years of being a TESLian and now i lost my track. bollocks!
-off to lunch (late lunch)-

2 comments:

Debot said...

how old are you and whre were you?!
hahahaha
aku tgh gelak guling2 wan elly..
thanx you made my day!
:D

W. Suhailaliza W. M. H. said...

ur welcome beda..tapi ngape gelak?
aku pun konpius neh..konpius ngn diri sendiri secara khususnye..