Friday, April 3, 2009

ex-Shopaholic and Shopaholics


Last night I went to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic (at last) with my girlfriends and a guyfriend).

Oh. My. God. It’s a fun movie. You can have the DVD and watch it over and over again! The soundtracks are good.

There are few scenes that are real – in which my girlfriends and I also have the same experience.

There was once, when my friend wanted to buy that last piece of owl printed t-shirt, but we were considering if she should get it. She picked it up and put it back – to think. Suddenly, after a second, another girl took it, analyzing it and had that “oh, I like it!” face with the t-shirt in her hand. We started to observe that girl and trail her, to see if she’s gonna buy it. Did she? I can’t recall, but I think she did. It was funny.

Watching this movie, in a number of 1 to 5 of a shopaholic, I would rank myself at number 3. I have the desire, but at most of the time, I don’t have the power (money).
Spending money is fun, it’s true. And to me it’s not only about spending it on clothes, high end stuffs, shoes and you name it. And the most important thing is, I don’t seriously go for the brands. That is not the crux of my spend-thrift issue.

Spending money on groceries, treating your friends, buying unnecessary stuffs are also fun. Even if it’s a small amount - as long as you call it ‘spending’. It’s some kind of a therapy. It makes me happy (when I got more than sufficient money). I’d simply spend RM3 on a slightly unnecessary vintage candle holder that I found in the house-décor store. I’d simply spend RM5 for the aromatherapy scents, RM10 for 3 head bands, RM0.99 for Giant socks, RM3 for cute pencils, RM6 for a curvaceous bottle, and etc. to come to think of it, how much I would’ve saved if I didn’t buy those stuffs. But on a second thought, it makes me happy especially when the cheap stuffs are useful to me. At least for that moment. Hehs.

I am so alert with “70%” and ‘SALE’ banners. Wherever I go, my eyes and heart are gravitated to it even though I’m not sure whether how cheap is their 70% off, or weather it is for purchase with purchase items. I think we should blame the marketing strategy on how they psychologically hypnoses our eyes and minds – by tagging RM5 in the RED tags when it is actually RM5 reduction from the real price.

I love shoes. I remember once, with my ex-boy, when we were walking in the mall, he would cover my eyes or distract my view from shoe stores. He’d do anything – using other paths, or point out other ‘more interesting’ places or shops. It is because, if I got to see them, plus, with that 70% labels or ‘SALE’, I’d go in, browsing, trying, walking in the shoes in the store with two possible solutions – buy it or don’t buy it. Thank God if I don’t. But sometimes, trying on clothes and shoes are fun too (when we don’t really have the money). It’s a girls’ thing, I should say.

It has been quite sometimes since my last shopping. The last spending I did was spending on a new big bottle of fruity body lotion when my other big bottle of Nivea is still half full, and a big bottle of shower gel. And oh, last night, (L) combo 2 TGV caramel popcorn when my tummy is still full of KFC snackplate and (L) cheesy wedges.
Btw...
I can’t wait for the sequel where Becky is married to droolingly charming Englishman (all British and Irish drool me), Luke Brandon! Hopefully they’ll have it!

Again, I have the strong desire, but I didn’t have the power. We better live within our means. But..it’s not a sin to spoil ourselves sometimes! Especially when you earn that money yourselves. I realized that I’d make a full use of the stuffs and appreciate it more when I bought them with my own pays – my dearly red Alice. None of my other shoes are as special as her. =)

And oh, I bumped into my exclassmate when we were in Form 3 last night. He was just out from the hall for Shopaholic and got frustrated for the sold out Fast and Furious. I was so excited seeing him there!


Mohd Hanif Che Husin..or Che Ha. Macam Kaer tak dia??
Next: Fast and Furious and Transformers 2. (oh, sangat tak sedar diri!)

No comments: