Sunday, May 24, 2009

Comment ca va?


Comment ca va?
Tres bien. Et toi?

Tu parler francais?
Non? C'est mal.

My French is rusty. Or almost gone. How I wish I could have my sweet time learning it again. But people say it is easier to learn it from the horse’s mouth. Meaning I need to be in France to get it excellent. My friend in Nice would be more than glad to have me there.

For now I only know the basic greetings, vocabularies on phrases and items, and minor things resulted from the two-semester-course that I took in school. It became rusty as I have nobody to practise it with. I’m sure I would definitely sound like a French if I were there- to have people to converse with in the language, to learn the culture and grasp the contexts. Hehs. Well, basically that’s how language is best learnt. Unless we have the native speakers here with us, commuting myself there would not be the option. Like Arabic, I learnt the language in school and now I am able to understand the language when I heard announcements at the airport, sometimes. I get the meaning as much as I recite the Quran. However, the language has somehow decayed as I do not use it or hear it around me.

Now I feel like learning both languages back and at least to expand my vocabularies and the usage of it. I want to learn and be able to speak French and Arabic better than I used to.

Well, this post is not about I am going to France to learn the language even though that is one of my dream vacations.
Well. Dreams.


But I do want to learn and be able to speak the languages finely. I will figure it out. Easy, if we know how to and we want to. Nice (the state or l'etat)? “Nice is nice,” he said.

Bonne nuit!




No comments: