Saturday, June 20, 2009

Musical Films

Been listening to Jim Sturgess. I watched Across the Universe on HBO this evening and fell in love with the story and that Brit. Ha ha. Have always loved the Brits for the accent. But from what I heard, Liverpudlian accent is not that pleased to be heard. Well, yeah. It is a little bit funny to my ears and quite difficult to understand. Fortunately my friend who lived in Liverpool did not pick up that accent. He speaks British English without any Liverpudlian's dialect. Just perfect!

I am fond of musical films. Starts with the childhood interest - the Sounds of Music, Moulin Rouge, Enchanted, Phantom of the Opera, and Across the Universe, the not so old yet not so latest movie that I have just watched. But I didn't enjoy the Spirit. It was a watse of time and money for the movie that day. Oh, and I didn't do the High School Musical. I have no idea why I am not attracted to that famous musical film. Seriously, I don't know.Hehs. And when I say musical films, it includes the Hindi movies which has been like years since I last watched them. The newcomers and the new style of saga are just not as good as the old ones, I think.

Watching musical films is like giving me the escapism and makes me understand the story more just by listening to the songs they sing as the flow of the story is told synchronizingly with the songs. It makes the plots more meaningful and interesting. I am amazed on how the songs are arranged to meet the scenes. It is somehow entertaining watching the people on the streets, the police, priests or whatever characters in that scenes were suddenly singing and dancing. It gives you the frantic ambiance of the story.




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



Several songs from Across the Universe that linger in my ears

*click the arrow buttons for more!

Basically, most songs in this movie are originated from the Beatles'. The characters resing the songs and Jim Sturgess has just stolen my heart! Hu hu~

2 comments:

mInImOy said...

Oh! i L.O.V.E. musical films too! just as much as i love orchestra.

me too, i don't do and like High School Musical. maybe cause, takde "umphh" kot. i mean cam, too commonly childish.

and yes, me too - i love ppl talking british accent~ sexy..~~ :D

W. Suhailaliza W. M. H. said...

ahahahaaaa..
myup. that high school musical is too "wut time is it? bla bla bla!!"..haha!

mari ajar bf kita jadik english man nak? huhu~