Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kenduri

semua orang tengah busy preparing for weddings. the same goes to my mom even though none of her children is getting married. sabtu ni, wedding anak angkat jiran kami in which my mom is actively involved sebab pengantin baru tersebut merupakan saudara baru. dia dulu orang asli, and has converted to Islam about 2- 3 years ago. since my mom was one of the otai of Jabatan Hal Ehwal Orang Asli (JHEOA) when she was still working dulu, of course the responsibility is also on her. our neighbour, the husband was my mother's boss dulu. so that is how all this happens.
meanwhile, on 6th December, my 1st cousin is getting married. being the sister of the mother, my mom and of course the whole family are in it. kami adik beradik pulak yang sibuk-sibuk tanya belah lelaki nak pakai baju colour ape. keh keh. actually, pengantin tak kisah pun. kami yang kisah lebih. so we decided to wear purple on the day at the groom's side. so kami sibuk-sibuk la cari baju colour purple. i've gotten my baju ready!
despite all the preparation, my mom suddenly talks about kenduri. i was th only one who was in the kitchen at that time, so it happens like she was reminding it to me and it is my responsibility to preach it to all my sisters. haha!! my mom said, nanti tak payah la nak buat kenduri besar-besaran sangat. ikut la kemampuan. jangan pulak niat yang baik (berkahwin), bertukar jadi niat nak menunjuk-nunjuk pulak. haiseh!!! it is some kind of an idea of a wedding that she hopes we are not planning of one day. i understand what she means by that. maksudnya, ukur baju di badan sendiri. like us, we are not from a very well-to-do background, we are not the upper class group, and we are also not the well known family like all the Dato's and Pengarah, artists, or what so ever. i see...
i am sure every one wants a wedding that can be remembered for a lifetime. it is once in a life time (sepatutnya la kan). the brides want to look as beautiful as a princess or a model (to me). and the grooms also want to look at their very best, be it shah rukh khan or brad pitt or none of those. as for me, i wish for a simple, organized and merry wedding. the expenses for it, depends on how i earn lah at that time nanti. hehehe. but i hope that i won't over do it. ngeeeee~ the most important is, everyone improtant to me must be at my wedding. my family, best friends, and friends. but there is one thing that all of us (my sisters and i) want on our wedding that need to go through a serious negotiation with my mom first.
it is a professional photographer.
yes, we have an uncle who can really snap snap nicely but for sure he'll be busy on that day (nowhere in the calendar yet).

No comments: