Monday, February 16, 2009

height

hah! I have this fetish about being tall like no others. I mean tall lah. not extraordinarily tall. I even feel inferior and yes, envy with if I see someone (woman) who is taller than I am. but of course with the appropritae proportion. with the right frame, size of hip, waist and bust. not tall like olivia, the popeye the sailorman's wife.



I am 167 cm or 5'5". for Asian girl, I think that is tall enough. but curse me for this as I wish to be taller maybe up to 5'6"? that would be like 2 cm taller is it?? i know someone won't like this.*hint*hint*. and, of course with not so huge frame or it'll look like a giant. gosh. that would be crazy! so better be grateful with this height lah kan.

but today, due to the assimilation of races and maybe diets, people go taller and taller at certain age. when I was having my practicum, my students are way taller than I am.



the study above was recorded in 1996 by wikipedia. now it is 2009. there have been so much changes and differences in everything.

btw, here's the culculation for your heights. example given is 167c.m.

1 inch = 2.54 cm

Therefore, using a proportion we can get:

1 inch / 2.54 cm = x inches / 167 cm

Now, cross multiply to get x alone and get:

2.54x = 167

x = 65.7 inches.

FINAL ANSWER: 65.7 inches

Source(s):
College Calculus Student ; Math Tutor

yes, i am no maths person. =)

and no, i am not ungrateful of what I have now. it is just a leisure wasteful wish. ;p

No comments: