Thursday, March 12, 2009

Appreciation

Muhammad Adam Kane Yong.

Its good to get in touch with him back. He has been missing in action for months and years. He comes and goes. Macam biskut, I told him. Last night we had a quick IM and got updated with our current numbers. He has been travelling a lot. We have been like this for like err..since I was in my semester 1 doing my pre-degree in Kuantan. I was 18 then.And he was still a Chinese. Now he is a Muslim for 2-3 years if I get it right, married with the girl that he had been talking about to me and now the have a son, Michael (I think I spell it right).

He knows all my secrets, affairs and what not. He knows about all my exboyfriends - Malay, half-Javanese, Christian-Indian, the same age and 10 years older. Hahaha. And of course the current one. He knows things that I don't know about myself. He is my friendly neighbourhood botakman, he said. He is meticulous. He would interrogate me for every possible single details about any feelings that I had. He helped me to make decision from the view of an adult when I was younger. Even now he still lecture me like I am a sweet little girl whenever he gets the chance. He says I am yet to see the world. He said this years ago and said it again last night. I don't know when exactly I am going to see the world. But the most important thing is, and thing that he gets it right for being knowing me all this while, he said that I am adventerous. I like that. I am adventerous. People may not see it how but I know I am. And Adam knows that. Of all the problems and stupidities I have been telling him, he came out with a conclusion - I am adventerous. Yet, he teaches me to be realistic and practical that some of the adventures that I am about to jump in might not be necessary for me.

It might not be vital for him, but I really appreciate his existance in my chapters. I appreciate all the characters appeared in my chapters. Even though they come and go. Whether they stay with me or they just go. I appreciate them. I appreciate all of you for being in my story. Because I always have learnt, am learning and will always learn from you in subtle ways. Thank you.

Well, I know. I am schmaltzy.


And by the way, Adam Kane is 33. Yes, I think I can make friends with older people very well. ;p

No comments: