Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let's do Korean

Boys Over Flowers, then My Precious You.

Haha. I didn’t know that my 35 year-old sister love watching Korean love stories! Err.. together with her husband. Wutta..? Oh, me lord. They watch and watch the KBS channel, which I’m not sure what number the channel is since this morning up till now –afternoon. Haha. So cute! And oh, my sister also knows that Boys Over Flowers is actually an adaptation from a comic. There are Japanese and Mandarin version for the TV series. Okay sis, okay. I know now that you're such a big fan.

Yes, I admit that the bunch of cute guys are cute and also the bunch of petite cute sweetie pie girls suit the name I gave to the clan, senang cerita. It is entertaining, yes. With all the cute, funny, charming, sweet actions, faces, and story lines. See, how many ‘cute(s)’ are already here? That’s my point. Korean love stories, or mandarin, or Japanese. They are too sweet, cute (again), too ‘indah’, and oh, too overrated I’d say. Is there such a love story in real life?? It’s not that I don’t believe in happy ending. But, please~ they are way way way tooo sweetest and cutest to be real. That is why I don’t really enjoy watching this. The first movie I watched eversince I am a university student was the meteor garden. Ring a bell? The f4 boyband boys and that cute who’s the name I can’t recall. Then I watched them no more as I just can’t accept the fact they are showing. Haha! But when I was in school, I did enjoy watching the Japanese TV series like Destiny (if I’m not mistaken), the Korean is the one with the two TV anchors. Eves? Adam and Eves? I can’t recall again. I was still young then. Now, as I’m getting older, I become more realistic and sorry that I can’t accept some kind of too much fantasy to me anymore. Poor me. It may be a happy escapism to some people and I respect that. But it doesn’t work on me.
Why must they be so sweet cute love story? Or is it because they are cute enough to make cute faces and actions that lead them to the cutest and sweetest love story ever that I am not that cute to do so in real life?? Hahaha. Nevermind, I’ll try to look forward to like it. Or maybe to watch it with my sister some other time.

Or maybe I need to loosen up more when it comes to this!

No comments: